Treasure of the Earth
Collect and display 12 different rocks!
- Excavate them from an earthen block
- Identify them using the rock key chart
- Display them in your collector's box!
If you would like us to send you a quick message if we get this back please use our Notify Me System In the meantime while you are visiting please check out all the other popular and best selling gifts on our website, you’re bound to find something you’ll love.
This cool Treasure of the Earth kit comes with 12 mysterious rocks - let's hunt down and find out what they are!
1. Place your earthen block on an easy to clean surface or on a large tray or sheet of paper.
2. Use the digging tool to gently scrape away the plaster from the earthen block until you see a rock begin to show through.
3. Continue digging carefully to clear away all the plaster surrounding the rock and use the duster to remove any debris.
4. Once all your rocks have been excavated, make sure they are completely clean using a damp cloth.
5. Name your rock specimens according to the Rock Identification Key and label them in your collector's box!
There is a lot of variety in the way rocks look and feel, but every one of them falls into one of three categories: igneous, sedimentary, or metamorphic. Learn about each type as you discover the Rock Cycle that includes a group of changes due to weather, pressure, volcanic eruptions and other forces of nature!
- 12 Rock specimens and 1 sheet of number labels
- 1 Wooden digging tool, 1 wooden brush and 1 wooden hammer
- 1 Earthen block, a collector's box to store and organise your rock collection and a science guide booklet
Recommended for ages 6 and up.
Treasure of the Earth Reviews
Great product & serviceBy: PGC on 17 January 2018Two items that were ordered were on backorder yet both were received much earlier than the estimated arrival date. In addition, the child that received them for Christmas was delighted with this and the additional crystal making kit.