Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I contact you?
- How long have you been in business and how do I know you are a legitimate company?
- What types of payment do you accept?
- Do you have a newsletter I can sign up for?
- How do I opt out of your newsletter?
- Do you do gift certificates?
- How do I use a coupon?
- Do you offer online layby?
- Do you offer instore layby?
- Do you have other brick and mortar stores other than the one in Launceston?
- If you don't have a product on your site, can you get it for me?
- I found a product through Google but it says I can’t add it here. What does this mean?
- Do you have a Facebook presence?
- Do you sell wholesale or only retail?
- Do you have a paper catalogue you can send me?
- Do you organise corporate orders?
- Can I become an affiliate of your website?
- The expected date for a product has changed, or a product option (i.e. size or colour) is no longer listed. What does this mean?
- Do you have sale items, free shipping or other money saving items?
Security and privacy
Ordering and payment
- How do I start an account with Coolthings?
- How to use my Coolthings account.
- Now that I have placed my order, what happens now?
- What else might happen (i.e. if an item is out of stock)?
- My credit card failed. What now?
- I have not received any notification of my order via email.
- What does pre-order mean?
- Can I send my order to a different address other than my own? Can I send it to multiple addresses?
- Can I change my order after I have made my payment?
- I’ve forgotten my password, how can I get a new one to access my account?
- How do I change my account information?
- If I sign up for an account, does it mean I will receive heaps of emails from you?
- What are your shipping options and costs, and how long will it take to get my parcel?
- Do you ship internationally?
- Can I track my parcel after it has been shipped?
- Can I use a PO Box for delivery?
- What happens if I’m not home when my parcel is delivered?
- My order has not arrived within the expected time frame. What do I do now?
- Can I collect my parcel in store somewhere?
Exchanges, refunds, returns and warranty.
How can I contact you?
Simply go to our Contact us page on our website.
How long have you been in business and how do I know you are a legitimate company?
Read all About us.
We also accept electronic bank transfer, cheque and money orders. However, funds from these types of payment must be cleared before your order is sent out to you.
Our Bank Transfer Payment Details:
Note: Bank transfers can take between 24-48 hours to clear.
Account Name: CoolThings
Account number: 257989
Banking institution: WESTPAC
Branch office: LAUNCESTON
If you are visiting our shop in Launceston, Tasmania and would like to buy in store, we also accept cash.
Do you have a newsletter I can sign up for?
Yes, we send our electronic ‘Awesome Mail’ out regularly full of specials and new products. It's free and easy to join. Click here to get access to Awesomemail
How do I opt out of your newsletter?
It’s simple. At the bottom of every 'Awesome Mail' email we send, we include an opt out link. Just click the link and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can reply to one of your 'Awesome Mail' emails with the words 'unsubscribe'. We will then remove you from our 'Awesome Mail' database and email you to let you know. You can still use your account as normal, but you will no longer receive 'Awesome mail'.
Do you do gift certificates?
We sure do, you purchase them just like any other product. They can be used online or in store. Go here to purchase: Gift Certificate.
Or learn how to redeem gift certificates and check out our terms and conditions page.
How do I use a Coupon?
If you have received a coupon code via email from one of our promotions, all you need to do is go ahead and place your order. When you get to the "view cart" page, you will see a place below the shipping estimator for entering your coupon code. Once you enter the code, it will automatically apply the coupon code to your order when you click 'apply to order'. Continue as per normal. Watch the how to redeem a coupon video here. A coupon is different to a 'Gift Certificate' so please see our gift certificate page for this information.
Do you offer online layby?
Yes we do. For more information check out our terms and conditions about online layby here: Online Layby.
Do you offer instore layby?
Yes, if you live in or around Launceston, Tasmania, you can phone or come into our store and take advantage of our 3 month layby system. In store Layby requires a 10% deposit in most cases, with regular fortnightly payments for a total period of 3 months. Call us or visit our store for more information.
If you don’t have a product on your site, can you get it for me?
We are happy to try. If you want something that is similar to anything we sell, call us or send us an email with as much information as possible about the product. Sending an image of the product is even better. Let us know the date you require it by and we will try and hunt it down for you.
I found a product through Google but it says I can’t add it here. What does this mean?
This means that we have stocked the item in the past, but it is now discontinued or unavailable. The best way to find out if we can still get this product is to contact us via email or phone.
Do you have a Facebook presence?
Yes we do: https://www.facebook.com/coolthings.australia
Do you sell wholesale or only retail?
We are a retailer only, however if you are looking to place a bulk order, we are happy to discuss a bulk discount with you. Simply phone or email us with your request.
Do you organise corporate orders?
We certainly do! We are happy to assist you in choosing an appropriate product and quoting for bulk prices. We can usually let you know about stock availability within 24 hours so why not contact us for your next corporate event! Read more on our Corporate Orders page
Can I become an Affiliate of your website?
Sure. Check out our Affiliate Program.
Whilst we do our utmost to keep all the information on our website as up to date as possible, occasionally there are slight changes in product design, colour and availability. For example, some colours may not always be available due to excessive demand, or, a product might have had its box redesigned since our last shipment. Sometimes, you may notice that the stock availability date on our website has also changed for a particular item, this is because we have pre-sold all the current and incoming stock before it arrives. It is important to note that if there are any major changes that affect something you have ordered, we will contact you to discuss any changes. As always, if you are concerned about any changes, feel free to contact us.
Do you have sale items, free shipping or other money saving items?
Try our Freebies or Free Shipping category. Purchase one or more items from our free shipping category and anything else that you add to your order, from anywhere on the site, will also ship for free in the same parcel.
Security and Privacy
Exchanges, refunds, returns and warranty
What is your returns and exchange policy and how does it work?
* You will love the gifts you buy from us today, or we will pay to have them returned to us from anywhere in Australia with no fuss.
* If you are not 100% satisfied with an item you have purchased, you can return it within 90 days for an exchange or full refund.
* Coolthings takes great care in supplying quality goods and packing them lovingly for shipping. However, if an item does not work correctly or is damaged in transit, it can be returned for exchange or refund within 31 days. You will not have to pay return freight for this, we have a reply paid address we can send you.
*For full information about Returns and Exchanges, check out our terms and conditions.
How do I start an account with Coolthings?
* Go here to create an account: Create New Account
* Enter your email address and fill in the 'Catpcha' box where it says 'Type the text'.
* Click the ‘Create new account’ button and you have created your account.
* Next time you check your email, you will see a Coolthings password that has been assigned to you. Use this the first time you log in to your new account. It is a good idea to change the password after your first log in.
How to use my Coolthings account
If you have set up an account with us, you can purchase items, view your orders and manage gift certificates. To log in to your account, visit: My Account.
Now that I have placed my order, what happens now?
After you place an order, we jump into action. Your order is picked and lovingly packed and sent out to you via Australia Post or Fastway Couriers. You will also receive a notification email letting you know that your payment has been received, and an email when it has been dispatched with a tracking number. If for some reason, something you have ordered is out of stock, you will also be notified via email.
What else might happen (i.e. if an item is out of stock)?
* If you have ordered an item that is not in stock, you will receive a backorder email letting you know the expected date of arrival to our store for that item. This date will also be advertised on the product page next to the 'pre-order' button and at the top of your invoice.
* Generally, we will wait until all your items have arrived before sending out your order. If you would like part of your order sent ahead of time, please contact us via phone or email with your order number so we can arrange for your order to be split and to cover any additional delivery costs.
* While our expected availability dates are usually correct, there can sometimes be unforeseen delays. If delays occur, we will contact you and let you know.
* Please note that we cannot split orders to overseas destinations due to postage costs. This also applies to some larger items or bulk orders that will be sent direct from our supply warehouse.
Trouble shooting orders
My credit card failed. What now?
* Occasionally a credit card transaction may fail for a number of reasons (e.g. insufficient funds or an incorrect number). If this occurs, a message will appear at the top of the page letting you know that your transaction declined and that no money has left your bank account.
* The first thing to do is to check the number and try again. If your card fails, check your funds.
* If you have funds and are still experiencing an issue, please contact us. We can process payment with you over the phone if you feel comfortable, or send you a secure link for payment as an alternative.
* You can also use bank transfer, paypal or money order to submit payment.
I have not received any notification of my order via email.
* This issue usually occurs for one of two reasons. The most common reason is that your email address was mistyped when setting up your account. If this is the case, your email will bounce. Please contact us to rectify.
* The second reason is that our emails may be sent directly to your spam or junk folder. You may need to mark our emails as safe before your email provider will accept our emails.
* Again, feel free to contact us via email or phone if you are unsure in any way.
What does pre-order mean?
* If you see a 'pre-order' button on one of our products, the item is out of stock temporarily. An expected date of arrival will be listed on our website.
* By pre-ordering an item, you will be placed in a queue to receive the item when it comes in. It is the simplest way of reserving the item so that you don't miss out on our first shipment.
Can I send my order to a different address other than my own? Can I send it to multiple addresses?
Yes, if you would like to send your items to a different address than your own, simply specify a different shipping and billing address during check out. You can even include a gift message to be included if the item is a gift. If the shipping and billing details are different, we will not include an invoice with your parcel. If you would like to send to multiple addresses, please place separate orders as each will incur its own shipping charge.
Can I change my order after I have made my payment?
Yes, you can if you are quick. If an order has already been dispatched (most are sent the same day they are ordered if before 2pm), you will not be able to change your order. If you call or email us before your parcel is dispatched then we are happy to help you add, change or subtract items. Just have your credit card ready if you are adding additional items. There are no hidden fees for changing your order in this way.
I’ve forgotten my password, how can I get a new one to access my account?
Visit: Request a New Password.
How do I change my account information?
* To change any of your personal details on your account, simply log in here: My Account.
* Click on the 'edit' tab to change your personal details and be sure to hit 'save' for a permanent update.
If I sign up for an account, does it mean I will receive heaps of emails from you?
No. 'Awesome Mail' is our 'opt in' advertising mail. You have to choose to sign up separately for this. The power is in your hands. The only email you will receive from us if you set up an account is to do with your orders with us. You will not receive any advertising mail.
Shipping and Delivery
What are your shipping options and costs, and how long will it take to get my parcel?
Get your goodies delivered direct to your door Australia wide for only $9.95. All orders are dispatched within 24 hours of being submitted Monday through Friday if they are in stock.
Free Shipping - Australia Wide (delivery 4 to 10 business days)
Any orders over $150 will be shipped for free unless you have chosen an extra large product like a cardboard cutout that mentions otherwise.
Silver - Standard - Australia Wide (delivery 4 to 10 business days)
$9.95 - all packages (some surcharges apply for large items like cardboard cutouts - see product for more info)
Gold - Express - Australia Wide (delivery 1 to 2 business days - excluding rural areas - some exclusions apply to QLD, WA & NT)
$14.95 - All Packages
Packages over 1Kg going to QLD, NT & WA will need special pricing for express, place your order using silver standard and leave a note in your order comments if you want an upgrade to express and we'll send you the price.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, in most cases we can ship internationally, please contact us if you would like to ship to any other country than those listed below to confirm postage costs. All orders are dispatched within 24 hours of being submitted Monday through Friday if they are in stock.
Registered Post International - New Zealand (delivery 5 to 10 business days)
$29.95 - packages under 500 grams
$39.95 - packages over 500 grams but under 2kg
$64.95 - packages over 2kg (will be sent via Express Post International - see below)
Express Post International (delivery 5 to 7 business days)
$64.95 - all packages to Canada, United States, United Kingdom and Ireland
Can I track my parcel after it has been shipped?
Yes. You will receive a dispatch email when your parcel has been sent with a tracking number and a link to track the process of your parcel through Australia Post or Fastway couriers.
Can I use a PO Box for delivery?
Yes. PO boxes usually have priority with Australia post so this may be an incentive to use one. If you designate a PO Box we will not use Fastway Couriers for your shipping.
My order has not arrived within the expected time frame. What do I do now?
* If your parcel has been sent via Australia Post to a residential or business address and no one is available to sign for the parcel, a calling card will be left by the post man to collect your parcel from your closest AusPost outlet.
* Please note: Australia Post will only hold your parcel for 10 working days before returning to sender. If your parcel is returned within that time to us, you will be required to pay a second lot of postage to have the item(s) redelivered.
* Please note: You can specify for your parcel to be left at your address in your 'order comments'. Please leave specific instructions for delivery. This option is at your own risk, by giving permission to leave a parcel unattended, Australia Post and Coolthings are released from responsibility if the parcel goes missing.
* If your delivery address was set to your PO box, it will be at your PO box.
* If your parcel is to be delivered via Fastway, they will keep trying to deliver to your address until they reach you. If after several attempts they cannot get in contact with you, they will also leave a card letting you know where to collect your parcel or how to organise for delivery at a time that suits you.
* N.B. If you think that your parcel may be lost or it has not arrived on time, it is usually best to contact us first before lodging an enquiry with Australia Post. We can solve most enquiries quickly and easily.
Can I collect my parcel in store somewhere?
Only if you live in Tasmania or really like swimming. We have one store based in Launceston, Tasmania. If you are ordering within Tasmania, you will receive the option to ‘Pick up in store’ at checkout.