Wind Power STEM Science Kit
Charge batteries with energy from the wind!
- Learn all about renewable energies
- Discover the modern day windmill
- Generate and store electricity for power!
There is 5 more on the way!
Enjoy experimenting and learning about the technology behind clean energy and all of its benefits!
The Wind Power STEM Science Kit is a hands-on way for children to explore, understand and create new things.
At the crux of this renewable energy kit is a DIY wind turbine that you will make to capture and use wind energy for your experiments!
Follow the illustrated instructions to assemble your 90cm tall wind turbine and optimise its performance.
It comes complete with electric generator, anchor points to secure it down, and adjustable rotor blades!
When you’re set up, you can conduct 5 cool experiments to generate and store electricity.
- Discover how to use the wind turbine to light up an LED and charge a rechargeable battery
- Convert the generator into an electric motor and assemble a small electric car to demonstrate an application for stored electricity
- Optimise the rotor blade angle and find the best location for your turbine for the prevailing wind direction (whether indoors or out)
- Predict the wind speed and learn how to measure it more precisely
- Learn about energy production, consumption, transport and climate change
Your kit contains:
- A full colour 32 page instruction guide with scientific information
- A weather proof battery box, rotor blades, anchor points and all the 32 parts you need to build your wind turbine and electric car
You will also need:
- 1 x AA rechargeable battery, a for some experiments a fan, hairdryer and stopwatch
- A pencil, smartphone or tablet and a compass
Recommended for ages 8 and up.
Wind Power STEM Science Kit Reviews
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other CoolThings Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Others Cool Gift Givers Bought
When people buy Wind Power STEM Science Kit they normally buy these too: