Cast shoe prints and extract DNA!
- Learn techniques used by scientists
- Can you create a fingerprint database?
- Great for school and holiday projects!
There are 4 left in the next shipment arriving soon. Pre-order now to reserve yours!
Forensic scientists mainly examine contact trace material that is associated with crimes. The evidence they gather may be used in law courts to prosecute or defend suspects in criminal investigations!
Sources of evidence may included genetic material, trace chemicals, fibres, dental history, fingerprints and even handwriting. Evidence can help trace an illicit substance, identify remains and even reconstruct a crime!
Analysis techniques are highly sophisticated and at the leading edge of scientific discovery, and now you can become a forensic scientists in your very own home, using the same methods as the experts in 4 exciting activities!
1. Cast prints and match pattern evidence to suspect's shoes
2. Create a fingerprint database and learn how to lift and analyse a mystery print
3. Extract your own DNA
4. Use chromatography to analyse and identify different inks
- 2 bags of plaster of paris (gypsum) and 2 plastic cups
- A vial of commercial baker's starch and a vial of graphite powder
- A paintbrush, dropper pipette and disposable gloves
- Chromatography paper, 2 test tubes and a magnifier
- A full colour booklet with photo-storyboard instructions
Great for school projects and fun anytime, some activities do require regular household items that are not provided.
Recommended for ages 8 and up.
Others Cool Gift Givers Bought
When people buy Forensic Science they normally buy these too: