Storm Glass Necklace
A delicate statement piece for your collection!
- A forecasting barometer you can wear
- You'll always know when a storm lies ahead
- Just like a crystal mood ring, for your neck!
During the 19th century, Admiral Fitzroy developed a storm glass forecasting device that was able to predict the weather!
This stunning Storm Glass Necklace is a miniature version of the same functioning Fitzroy barometer that you can wear as a pendant.
The feather-like crystals inside the barrel will form and grow to create different patterns according to external temperature changes!
How it really works, well that's a mystery... But, it's believed that electromagnetic changes in weather patterns activate the crystals inside!
It's a combination of science and art for your jewellery collection!
How to read your necklace:
- Clear liquid: Bright and clear weather
- Cloudy liquid: Cloudy weather, often predicting pending thunderstorms and rain
- Small stars in the liquid: Humid or foggy weather
- Large flaky crystals: Cloudy skies, snow in winter
- Threads of crystals at the top: Windy weather
- Crystals at the bottom: Frost may be coming
Silver chain measures: 32cm in length (with room to make slightly longer).
Glass barrel measures: 3cm in diameter x 1cm deep.
Storm Glass Necklace Reviews
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other CoolThings Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Others Cool Gift Givers Bought
When people buy Storm Glass Necklace they normally buy these too: