UGears STEM Lab Variator
Develop a new drive to learn more things!
- Assemble the variator, learn how it works
- Easy to build, not glue or cutting needed
- Smoothly change the gear ratio like a gearbox
Learn about one of the most important parts of a car without getting your hands dirty!
The UGears STEM Lab Variator lets you create a fully functional replica of a Belt-driven Friction Cone CVT (continuously variable transmission).
This is the part of your car that adjusts the engine torque by changing the ratio of gears either automatically or manually!
In this variator model kit, the belt, powered manually via the reducer, transfers the rotation to the driven cone pulleys.
Use the transmission fork to change gears and observe how the speed of the driven cone pulley drops or rises while the drive cone pulley’s speed remain the same. Thanks to the open design of your model, you will be able to see the whole process in action!
It's up to you to put together the the pulleys, reducer, belt, pedal, transmission fork and more!
Once assembled, scan your model using the free Ugears app to interact with it using AR and learn more about how it works in real life!
Just like all Ugears models, everything you need to build, learn and discover comes in the box. No glue required!
- Wooden parts that have been pre-cut with a precise high-tech laser in high quality plywood
- A step-by-step illustrated instruction manual containing practical tasks for you to complete with your model
- A QR code to download a pocket study guide about your model, its mechanisms and the principle of its workings
Number of components: 104 parts
Estimated time of assembly: 4 hours
Recommended for ages 8 and up
Assembled dimensions: 16.8cm x 12.8cm x 10.6cm
UGears STEM Lab Variator Reviews
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other CoolThings Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Others Cool Gift Givers Bought
When people buy UGears STEM Lab Variator they normally buy these too: