Create Polished Gemstones!
- Collect various kinds of rocks
- And shine them into polished stones!
- Four different grades of polishing power!
Have you ever picked a pebble up out of the river and wondered why it was so smooth? The action of water over time slowly wears away the surface of the pebble until it's flat and smooth - perfect for making jewellery or adding to your collection!
When you tumble rocks, you are essentially doing the same thing, and by adding powder (grits), you then make the surface of the rock very, very smooth. Because of what the rocks are made of (compounds of Silica), they will then reflect the light, which is why there are so shiny!
Though it takes much less time than is necessary naturally, it is still an involved process, so you'll need some patience, but the results are well worth it. So what are you waiting for, it takes 2-4 weeks to achieve the perfect polish, so it's time to get started!
What is involved:
1. Knock the rough edges off your rocks using the coarsest grit -this can take up to four days.
2. Inspect your stones occasionally during the days of tumbling, and strain and rinse when necessary. Keep them tumbling for another 3-7 days using the fine grind powder.
3. Wash your stones with soap and a scrubbing brush and then return to the tumbler with water to remove any remaining grit that may scratch your stones. Then add the polishing powder and tumble for at least three days.
4. When stones are completely polished, they will look shiny when dry. Using the glue provided, secure your stones into a setting of your choice to create your own unique jewellery!
Your kit includes: A rock tumbler with power cord and transformer, 1 x bag of rocks and 4 x grinding powers. You will also receive jewellery making equipment including a 45cm silver tone chain, 1 x pair of earring hooks, 2 x adjustable rings, 1 x key chain, 1 x jump ring connector and 3 setting holders with glue.
What people are saying:
"I bought this for my 7 year old grand kids to help them get a grasp on Mother Nature. They love gathering the stones, but it's best to keep it somewhere such as as a garage as it can make noise at times when tumbling! The results are fantastic, well worthy of the work in accomplishment for your little explorers!"
Instructions included (please note: The contents section in the instructions is incorrect, you will receive what is listed above).
Jewellery making components included.
Recommended for ages 8 and up.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Be cool and help others by writing a review.