A stretchy, bouncy ball of slime!
- Create your own special polymer
- It behaves like a liquid and solid
- Hey presto, it's Blob!
Blob contains a series of simple experiments designed to demonstrate how to make a special form of slime - a stretchy, bouncy material that behaves mysteriously like both a liquid and a solid!
Besides being incredibly enjoyable for young children and adults alike, it is designed to introduce the principles of polymerisation that are applied to the manufacture of everyday plastics and rubbers.
- Sachet of polyvinyl alcohol and sachet of sodium tetraborate (borax) solution
- A mixing container with lid, protective gloves and a spoon
- Detailed instruction booklet including information about polymers
A polymer experiment for children aged 10 and up.
( 9320190754011 )
this is gross so obviously the kids love it. gr8,By: Marion G on 13 June 2009this is gross so obviously the kids love it. gr8, very cool. thanks
This is a very interesting gift for a teenager. MiBy: Leeann M on 31 October 2008This is a very interesting gift for a teenager. Mine loved it, thanks very much!
My grandsons had a lot of fun with this, though itBy: margaret d on 18 September 2008My grandsons had a lot of fun with this, though it took a bit of experimenting to get the consistency right.