Make squishy polymer gel beads
- Teaching the concept of polymerisation
- You can make your own fun, squishy gel beads
- It's science in a flash!
This fantastic Molecule Madness kit contains all the ingredients you need for two fun experiments!
Learn about molecules, chemical bonds, compounds and more as you make your very own wobbly gelatin beads by combining sodium alginate with a solution containing calcium ions.
Discover how large chains of polymers make these fun squishy gel beads possible as you learn about the process of how polymers are formed.
Creating your Polymer Balls
- Cut open the packed of calcium chloride solution and pour into the measuring beaker. Add water.
- Drip the sodium alginate solution from the bottle into the calcium choloride solution.
- Try larger and smaller drops or squirting a longer string of solution.
- As soon as the solutions combine a reaction will occur that hardens the exterior of the sodium alginate drop, forming a small ball with a firm but squishy shell.
- Scoop the balls out of the solution and store them. Then repeat the process with another colour!
Your kit contains:
- Calcium chloride packets, red sodium alginate, yellow sodium alginate
- A measuring beaker, storage cup, spoon and wooden stick
- An 8 page, full colour instruction manual.
Also required but not included: Water and scissors.
Recommended for ages 7 and up.
Molecule Madness Reviews
Be The First To Review This Product!
Purchased this product? Help other cool people shop smarter by writing a review for this.
These Go Well With The Molecule Madness:
Cool People Also Bought
When people buy the Molecule Madness they normally buy these too:
More Cool Things From This Category
Most popular sellers from the Cool Kids category: