Unicorn String Art
Magic is in the making!
- Make a heart and a unicorn string canvas
- Use the included patterns or create your own
- Then push in the pins and string between them
If you would like us to send you a quick message if we get this back please use our Notify Me System In the meantime while you are visiting please check out all the other popular and best selling gifts on our website, you’re bound to find something you’ll love.
Kids think unicorns are legendary! And now, thanks to this specially crafted Unicorn String Art kit, they can make and display their very own!
Your kit includes quality materials and step-by-step instructions to help you create 2 wonderful pieces of art - a unicorn and a starburst heart!
Use the included patterns, or create your own design. Simply push the pins into the pre-patterned foam canvases and string away!
The included glitter paper and rainbow yarn allow you to make your artwork more dazzling and dimensional than other traditional art projects!
Hang your finished design up on your wall or give it as a gift. If you need additional string, you can find some at any craft store!
Getting you started:
- Place the card stock paper on a hard work surface with tape facing up.
- Put the foam canvas on top of the paper with the pin pattern facing up. Align them.
- Push pins into the foam anywhere you see a dot on the canvas. The dots are laid out in the shape of your pattern, making it easy to follow.
- Select a thread and double knot it onto a pin. The instruction booklet recommends which colours to use (and the order to use them).
- Place the thread around the pins, going from pin to pin, but do not pull the thread tight between the pins.
- There’s no wrong way to wrap it, just see what works for you!
- When finished with each thread, double knot it to the pin, then repeat the previous steps with other thread colours until you’ve completed the pattern. But, don’t forget to string the edges of your design in order to define the shape!
Your kit includes:
- 2 x 21.6cm foam canvases, 4 pieces of cardstock and 100 pins
- 32.9m of cotton thread, 2.7m of polyester thread and 6m of acrylic yarn
- 1 piece of acrylic felt, 1 pieces of paper and easy-to-follow instructions
No hammer or nails required.
Recommended for ages 10 and up.