Tobbie II RobotRated 5/5 based on 1 reviews.
Introducing the exciting future of coding and robotics!
In the classroom or at home, mechanical robot kits can have a large impact on STEM education and learning for kids.
The Tobbie II Robot combines micro:bit technology with your imagination to create a variety of activities that you can program!
The BBC micro:bit is an inexpensive and customisable pocket-sized codeable computer that is super easy to use (included in this kit if you don't have your own).
All of the benefits and excellent features of the dynamic micro:bit have also been integrated into your Tobbie robot!
Tobbie II is a programmable DIY robot with an adjustable head and 360 degree free-rotation body that can move independently of it's legs!
He can detect temperature, navigate direction, play games and follow commands, bringing more fun than ever to your future programmer!
Simply clip your programmed micro: bit into Tobbie's head to easily to update and test your coding when required!
Tobbie II Features:
- Tobbie II is child-friendly and BBC micro: bit ready (included).
- He includes all the electronic components, a motor and an IR sensor for interactive fun.
- His front screen is equipped with 25 programmable LED's, text, numbers and emotion icons.
- You can program him to follow your commands or control him via bluetooth from your smart phone, tablet or preferred device. Desktop, laptop, iOS and Android mobile devices are all supported.
- The accessible coding platform allows your child to run many fun games with Tobbie, including Rock, Paper, Scissors, Bowling, Light Tracker, Notice Board and Guess the Number!
- Tobbie is equipped with heat sensors and a compass module for temperature detection and compass navigation.
- There are 12 programs available for download.
Tobbie is a great tool for the classroom and is perfect for teaching coding on the micro:bit platform.
Children will remain challenged and engaged (while still having fun), as they incorporate problem-solving and creativity!
Dimensions of robot: 13.8cm (w) x 16.5cm (h) x 12.6cm (d).
Requires 4 x AAA batteries (not included) and BBC Micro: bit XC4320 (included).
Best suited for budding programmers and engineers aged 10 and up.
Please Note: There a few online retailers selling this product WITHOUT the BBC Micro:bit board which is essential to get Tobbie II functioning. We've included the micro:bit board so you'll have everything you need to get up and running right away.
Tobbie II Robot Specifications
Tobbie II Robot Reviews
Would highly recommendBy: Rose on 29 November 2019Brought this for my son for Christmas he’s going to love it. I must say the site was easy to navigate and order. And for the speed of postage was extremely fast. Would highly recommend.
These Go Well With The Tobbie II Robot:
Cool People Also Bought
When people buy the Tobbie II Robot they normally buy these too:
More Cool Things From This Category
Most popular sellers from the Cool Science Projects category: