Bananagrams is an award-winning word game that is wonderfully addictive and easy to carry around. It's completely portable with no board, no scoring and no end to the ways you can play!
There are 144 scrabble-like tiles in the banana-shaped travel pouch, so you can play on your own or with up to eight of your family members and friends!
There are hundreds of brain-twisting puzzles for you to browse including the Banana Split and the Banana Smoothie. While there are instructions for everything from a fruit-fest to a five-minute frenzy, the general rules for Bananagrams are as simple as this:
1. Place all 144 tiles face down on the table, this is known as the BUNCH.
2. Take 21 tiles each (depending on the number of people playing) and keep them face down.
3. Shout SPLIT! and turn all of your own tiles over at once.
4. Proceed to form your own collection of connecting and intersecting words to form a crossword grid as quick as you can.
5. The words may be horizontal, vertical, reading left to right or top to bottom!
6. When the first player has used all of their letters, they shout PEEL! and pick another letter from the BUNCH.
7. All other players must follow this player's lead.
Play continues until there are fewer tiles in the BUNCH than there are players. The first player with no remaining letters shouts BANANAS! and is the winner of that hand. Note - if a letter is too difficult for you to place in your grid, you can shout DUMP! and put it back in the middle at any time. As a penalty however, you must take three tiles back to replace it.
So try your hand at just a sampling of these puzzles to see if you find it a-peel-ing! It's a mind-boggling word-bender for fruit lovers everywhere!
Suitable for 1- 8 players.
Recommended for ages 7 and up.
Banana pouch is approximately 21cm x 8cm x 5cm.
Includes 144 tiles and an instruction booklet.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Purchased this product? Help other cool people shop smarter by writing a review for this.